1. Contact KM Director (or fill out Gold Star Inquiry Form
(PDF)) to discuss interest and develop MOU
2. Fill out Gold Star Registration Form
3. Fill out the Benchmarks Checklist that matches your mentoring program model (one-to-one
(DOC) or group
4. Include documentation for each Benchmark in organized manner and submit to KM
5. KM Director and/or review committee will review the application
6. Applicant will participate in a clarification questions phase
7. Upon review of the clarification questions, KM Director will write a Recommendations and Review form
8. Program will either be approved for Gold Star or given a list of areas for improvement
9. Ongoing technical assistance and support provided to any program who participates in the Gold Star process, FREE of charge!!!!
Please note: To maintain Gold Star status, programs must submit annual data and participate in the fall Coaches' Challenge by submitting mentor recruitment numbers. Gold Star programs must reapply every three years to maintain their status. Kansas Big Brothers Big Sisters and Foster Grandparents have been recognized by Kansas Mentors (KM) as umbrella Gold Star Programs. Therefore, if you have a signed agreement with either of these organizations, your program is automatically included as a registered Gold Star Program. However, please fill out the Gold Star Registration Form to assure your program is listed.